Friday, January 2, 2009

Interesting...

I really should post my issues here more often - every time I do, I get an answer within hours. This time, a brief web search on lunch revealed that, come July, there will be a new student loan program that will be amazing for me. It will reduce my monthly payments by about $200, and at the end of 25 years the government will forgive the remaining amount! (In my case, that forgiveness comes to about $75,000.)

If I had learned about this program a month from now, it would have done me very little good - you see, it requires that I file my taxes as "Married, filing seperately" so that the payment will be calculated from only my income. (I make less than T does). Is it sad that I'm looking forward to filing taxes now, in preparation for the Income-Based Repayment program?

No comments: