Monday, November 3, 2008

It's official...

T's computer is dead. We aren't really sure what is wrong with it, but it doesn't work.

I had been hoping it was just the video card, like mine was, because it was having the same problems (basically, it would try to start, get to the Windows screen, and go black). But he tried reformatting it (not sure that is the right word) last night - you know, reinstalling the start-up disks? And it keeps saying that it was not able to finish the installation, and demading we try again. And again. And again...

So we have two non-functional computers (my laptop no longer holds a charge, but it works when plugged in...however, that defeats the purpose of having a laptop!) And mine, which is using the video card out of T's. Sigh...

On a brighter note, the snow melted in time for Halloween, and we got 7 trick-or-treaters this year! (Up from 4 last year.) There are a lot of kids in town, but they rarely make it up the hill...

I'm hoping to start posting pictures tonight, if I can find the cable for my camera and figure out how to load them from the camera to the computer to the blog. Shouldn't be too hard, right?

1 comment:

Peter said...

Bring the computer home if you can. I took the second computer out of my room so we can Frankenstein the pieces for his.