Sunday, November 9, 2008

No worse for the wear

As a couple of you know, I wound up taking Gaffney to the vet last night. Not that she was sick...but she had ticks.

I know most people would have just removed them and continued on with their day, rather than driving 30 minutes to the vet and paying for an appointment, but there are two things to consider. 1) Creepy crawlies freak me out. I mean REALLY freak me out. I know they won't really hurt me, but still! 2) This was the first time I've ever seen a tick, and by the time I was done reading about how to remove them I had seen so many warnings (Don't squeeze it, don't leave the head in, kill it quick so it doesn't bite someone else, don't touch it barehanded) that I was even more freaked. The drive and appointment were a small price to pay for peace of mind.

But puppy's fine (I'm not sure she even noticed the tick. She just knows she got to go for a car ride and get treats!), her Lyme vaccine has been updated, and I got this really cool tool for the removal of future ticks! It basically negates all of the warnings I had read. Makes it really easy!

So she's just waiting for her next adventure - see?



No comments: