Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Already a difficult child!

Just thought I would drop by for a quick update about the baby! The little one seems to enjoy being difficult during my appointments. (I know, it's probably just normal reactions, but it seems to be awfully convenient!)

I had my first ultrasound three weeks ago, for basic measurements and dating. I was told it would take about 15 minutes - just a quick check-up, no big deal. However, baby did not want to be measured, and absolutely refused to move from it's apparently comfortable position. It took more than 30 minutes of poking and prodding to get baby to raise its head for the final measurements, so my entire appointment was about three times as long as predicted.

Ok, so I thought it was funny, but really no big deal. Apparently, the little one just doesn't move much, right?

But yesterday, I had a basic check-up. Everything's fine, normal, until the midwife wants to listen to the heartbeat with the Doppler. My child did NOT want to cooperate! We would get a few seconds of heartbeat - maybe as many as 5 whole seconds - before there would be a loud thunk, then nothing. That would be the baby kicking the probe, and scooting out of the way. Not once or twice, but every single time. After 10 minutes, we just gave up!

So everything's is going well, but this baby may wind up being even more stubborn than its parents. (Please don't say you told me so!)

No comments: